Monday, May 5, 2014

6 months up in smoke!


5-5-14
Dearest Family of mine!
6 months
     Well, I can say that this week was a lot better than last week teaching wise.... Guess what?!?!? Not a single person canceled on us this week!!!!!!! GAH!!!! Can you believe it!? We couldn't when we realized it. Our numbers this week also went way up. 
    So funny story time.
     There was this less active guy we have been seeing on and off (We've been trying to get into his home for lessons for months) and he randomly started coming to church on his own and started taking the lessons this last week. But we had this problem...we couldn't find his records in our ipads....which was strange. A few different people had told us he was less active and we couldn't find any info, so finally we called the bishop.... turns out....HE ISNT A MEMBER!!!!!  He had been a progressing investigator the whole time! He even got up in church yesterday and bore his testimony! You should have seen our faces when we figured this all out, I was in shock!
Good bye shirt!
     I went on exchanges this week, which means I got to hang out with my awesome Sister Training Leader Sister Lolofie! She's the one I told you about last time, where we got locked out of our house?  But this time we were in Vernal at her apartment! It was soooo fun being with her. She has the funniest sense of humor and a great personality. It felt good to not have to worry about my area for a day and just talk and laugh a lot with a good friend. She's half Samoan and 23 and only has 3 months left on the mission. At night when we were falling asleep, we literally talked for way too long!  I hadn't laughed that hard in a really long time and it felt so good. Made me miss the nights Aubrey and I stayed up until 4 in the morning because we couldn't stop laughing over the stupidest things which made it impossible to fall asleep. But Sis Lolofie is awesome and has so much insight into the gospel.  The next morning we got up early and went to Denny's!!!! (They actually have on in Vernal!....not like Roosevelt. Roosevelt has subway and McDonalds....and that's it.) And then we headed back to Roosevelt for Zone Training Meeting. It was super good...except...they came out with reminders and some new policies about letter writing and emailing.... 
     So I'm only allowed to write letters on P-days now....which will greatly limit my letter writing.... :( ugh. I usually do it during my free hour at lunch so that I can get some extra-much-needed-sleep on p-days.... but I guess not. I'll be writing letters like crazy on p-days now... I think they will be sending out a letter that will inform you about the new rules and stuff.
       So anyways. Back to my week
       Thursday was Sis Balero's One year mark!!! HAPPY MISSION BIRTHDAY!!!!! Haha it was a good day! We celebrated my six month mark that day too. It's tradition for sister missionaries to burn a shirt on their six month mark, a skirt on their year mark, and a dress at their 18 months. So we went to the Felkins and had a bon-fire for dinner... >:) wahahaha!! And yes we burned a cheap blouse of mine that shrunk to the size of a toddler and then we burned a pink velveteen D.I. skirt for Sis Balero... her skirt stank really bad when we burned it. But it was a lot of fun!!! 
      Yesterday was a looooong day and super-hot outside. It's been like 80 degrees here all week long! Which is nice! 
6 months went by fast.  Here's hoping the next year
does too.
      Sounds like life back at home is going stellar. I love all the letters and pictures and fun things you send me! I appreciate them so so so much! Never doubt it! Even though I can't write back nearly as much as I would like to, they really uplift me and make my days so much better when I hear from each of you.  I really feel the prayers as well. When it gets hard on the mission, I'm surprised I'm able to make it through the things that I do... I feel like a lot of the time something is carrying me and lifting me that I can't put my finger on. And I'm positive it is the prayers you send my way. They really do help. They change everything. They have really been answered as the work is picking up and I'm able to overcome obstacles that have appeared in my way. I love you all so much and miss you to bits. Can't wait to see you in six days :) Happy anniversary to mom and dad! Sorry I missed out! But I totally loved that you posted the family picture without me in it...I should have cropped myself in with a really ugly creepy face or something! :) haha.
    Love you always and forever,


Love, Sister Lenise Diane Volmer

No comments:

Post a Comment