Wednesday, January 29, 2014

New home? Roosevelt!


1-27-14
Dear Family,

Baptism on Saturday with new companion.
      Well. Guess where I am?  I'm in Roosevelt Utah! Way far East! About 3 hours away from Provo. Where it is freezing cold! Super duper cold! Like below 0 every single day! It is this super small town, and everyone either lives in a pretty nice log cabin or in a trailer.  I LOVE IT! It's like Duck Dynasty everywhere almost! Everyone here has a slight accent and they always say "I seen a duck." or "We was out huntin". The work out here goes a lot faster than Orem because it's about 50% LDS instead of 90%LDS, so that helps!
     My new companion is named Sister Jones. And I love her!!! She's great! She's really pretty and petite and cheerful all the time. She's very bubbly and likes to hum to herself and sing to herself all the time, which is great with me because I do the same thing! She reminds me of a Disney princess for some reason...I don't know why...but she does and it's cute! Our new district is a lot of fun too! Elder Mateer, from my MTC district is in my district now, so it's good to have a friend that I know. (He's the British one...everyone still likes to make fun of his accent). Also Megan Nielson is my Sister Training Leader! I'm excited to go on exchanges with her!!!! We're going exploring today for p-day because there are fun places to hike and explore.
     We live with this really cute elderly widow and her funny dog Buster. Her house is super 80's and the wall paper in our room is powder blue with roses all over it. Very Retro. But it's got character....there is even carpet in her bathroom! But I love her to death, she is such a sweet lady!
     I was pretty sad to leave Orem though. I loved it there so much! I already miss the people like crazy and I miss Sis Albrechtsen, (I learned SO much from her!) but this new adventure looks like it is going to be a lot of fun! I just have to learn a whole bunch of new names and how to navigate my way around all these crazy highways and back roads and stuff. 

     The people here are a lot more willing to listen to the gospel! The first night here we were teaching a new part member family and that first night in the middle of the first lesson we put the father and the daughter on date for baptism! It was so awesome! The spirit was super strong and I was so excited for them! The people here are so interesting and I can't wait to get to know them more! Everyone in Orem had dogs...everyone here in Roosevelt has cats! It's crazy! We taught this little boy the other day and went over the Baptism interview questions with him and he said he probably couldn't get baptized because he beat up a kid earlier that day. I was laughing pretty hard as Sis Jones was trying to teach about repentance but he just kept saying "But I'm NOT sorry!" hahaha. Oh I love the people here so much already! 
  

Friends made and missed in Orem
The Vernal Temple is really cool and old looking! I loved it! We went there for baptisms this last week with some recent converts. So my new address is:
     Sister Lenise Diane Volmer
     2215 S. 2000 W.
     RT 3 Box 3017
     Roosevelt, UT 84066
    I love you all! The church is true no matter where I am, and I've loved learning that. Roosevelt is such a new and different adventure, but I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE it, and I also have a feeling I might be here for a while! The Lord knows what he's doing. It's all part of the experience, it's all part of life, and I'm excited to see what Roosevelt has to teach me. I love and miss you all!
Love,
Sister Lenise Diane Volmer

p.s.
Sorry this letter was so random.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment