Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Here Comes Goodbye to Roosevlet after 8 months

9-28-14
Dear Family.
     To be perfectly honest, I am sitting here in the Roosevelt family history center trying my hardest not to bawl my eyes out right now.
                      I'm being transferred. 
      I'm leaving my second home: Roosevelt. And I'm a total mess. I love these people so much. I knew this would happen someday, but I didn't expect it to hurt so badly. This is worse than leaving home, because I don't know how many of these people I'll get to see again...This is so hard. There are so many people I feel I need to help here and it is so hard to have to leave them all. But if it's God's will...I'll do it. If there is one thing I've learned on my mission, it's that God knows what He's doing. And he hasn't failed me yet. He promises "I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." Wherever it is I'm going...He needs me there. No questions asked. But that doesn't mean I'm not still hurting. It's hard have a family and home built so strongly here and then to leave it. 
Saying goodbye to a good friend & Roosevelt, where she has
been for 8 months of her mission.
   I'm so sad to not be with Sister McMurray again. She has become one of my best friends...we've had so many good laughs and inside jokes and such a good time together. We have never had contention at all while we were together. She is the best! She is such a sweet heart! She likes to have adventures and play in rain puddles, she loves horses to death and I've never wanted to learn to ride horses more than when I was with her. She has one more transfer left before going home, so I'm super sad I don't get to spend this last transfer with her!  She comes from a family of 8 and was living in Ohio when she came out, but her family has since moved to Logan Utah and that is where she will be returning. She is going to BYUI in the winter so maybe she can meet Kelsy and Sierra!!! 
     Life here is crazy. It has been a super busy week! We got 6 new investigators! (who I won't be able to teach... :( I was so excited!)        
     Tuesday was super busy and we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off. We had a lot of appointments fall through and cancel, but we were still able to see a few people. Wednesday we had to drive down to Provo because Sis McMurray had a meeting. They are starting this new pilot program in our mission where six weeks before you go home they give you an RM course to do. Each week is a different topic and it helps you prepare for life back at home, setting goals, getting a job, future education, and dating and marriage. Apparently they've had a lot of problems with RM's being lazy and falling away from the church because they need a "break" or something stupid like that. So we drove down there and I got to see and talk with Sister Balero because she is going home the same transfer as Sis McMurray. She asked if we could sing at their final testimony thing. So hopefully that works out! 
     I got to see T Thursday, and I'm sooooo sad to be leaving. It seems like everything keeps piling up and making her life worse, and I'm so sad that I won't be there for her anymore. I will have to write her a ton! Thursday we also got taken out by the Croziers (my third grandparents! They are the best!) and they took us to a restraunt that gave me my dinner on a plate the size of a garbage can lid...it was huge! I barely made a dent in it! Goodness.... All I ever want to eat is soup and watermelon. 
     Friday night we met the Eggett family (4 of the 6 new investigators we got this week) I was so excited to start teaching them because the mom and I really clicked and was so receptive! I hope the new sister can click as well too! I'm so sad I don't get to teach them!
Chandler's baptism
     Saturday was Chandler's baptism! It was great! Except the font got filled too full again! haha! He wanted his uncle to give both the baptism and the holy ghost talk, and so he combined them ..it was seriously one of the shortest baptisms ever...haha but it was still good! 
   The General womens meeting was sooooo good! I loved the rendition they did of I Know That My Redeemer Lives! And I loved Sis Marriot's talk and also Elder Uchtdorf's of course! It was soooo good! I love how he stressed so strongly the importance of obedience and keeping the commandments in our role as making back to heavenly father as His children. Such a good talk. 
     Sunday I woke up sick...and still am. I have a terrible cold. I hate colds. I turn into a snotty mess. Especially when crying about leaving Roosevelt! But I kept it at bay until after I sang His Hands in the Roosevelt 7th ward. (I'll send you the video.) Sunday was a loooooonnngg day. we were up early to get out to White Rocks (30 min away) in time for a 7:30 meeting. And then we were nonstop all day long at churches and meetings and lessons and stuff. We had dinner at Dusty's house last night again because dinner fell through. It was fun playing with his niece and nephew who live there. They have a 9 month old named Thor who is probably the FATEST baby I have ever seen in my life....Like holy cow....Thor fits him so well...haha. And Little Zoe is the cutest thing and is only 3 and has a huge personality and made me play barbies with her. 
     Then last night we got to teach Bri again, which is always super cool and spiritual. I'm going to miss the White Family a lot! They are so much fun! 
     Well... I'm off to start the goodbyes...these next few days are going to be really hard for me! If you could pray for me I would appreciate it! 
     I love you all to the moon and back. This gospel is SO true. I have recieved such a deep love for people as I have served them and am so grateful for the time I have spent on my mission. My mission means everything to me. And I wouldn't change it for the world. 
Love,
Sister Lenise Diane Volmer

No comments:

Post a Comment